This video tutorial shows Parrot Security OS 3.6 (ParrotSec OS) installation on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install ParrotSec 3.6 on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Parrot Security OS for better performance and usability features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
1- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
2- Start Parrot Security OS 3.6 Installation
3- Install Guest Additions
4- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
Parrot Security OS 3.6 New Features and Improvements
Parrot Security OS 3.6 is less memory-hungry. This was done by tuning up startup daemons management system and minor fixes. As a result, Parrot 3.6 Lite 32-bit now uses less than 200 MB RAM. Anonsurf was improved too, and now the section dedicated to anonymity and privacy is very reliable and well tested, and some nightmares of the precedent anonsurf versions now belong to the past. This release also brings a new Parrot OS derivative named Parrot Air. It’s similar to Parrot Full and comes with tools dedicated solely for wireless testing. Parrot team says that Parrot Air is just a proof of concept that’ll be improved in future. Parrot Core is not only an awesome security oriented platform, but it is also suitable for more general purpose derivative projects, and workstations and personal computers can only take advantage from a very lightweight debian based system which is ready out of the box with all the customizations and configurations already done by Parrot team.
Parrot Security OS Website: https://www.parrotsec.org/
VirtualBox Guest Additions Features
The Guest Additions offer the following features below:
- Improved Video Support: While the virtual graphics card which VirtualBox emulates for any guest operating system provides all the basic features, the custom video drivers that are installed with the Guest Additions provide you with extra high and non-standard video modes as well as accelerated video performance.
- Mouse Pointer Integration: This provides with seamless mouse support. A special mouse driver would have to be installed in the guest OS, which would exchange information with the actual mouse driver on the host. The special mouse driver then allows users to control the guest mouse pointer.
- Time Synchronization: With the Guest Additions installed, VirtualBox can ensure that the guest's system time is better synchronized with that of the host.
- Shared Folders: These provide an easy way to exchange files between the host and the guest.
- Seamless Windows: With this feature, the individual windows that are displayed on the desktop of the virtual machine can be mapped on the host's desktop, as if the underlying application was actually running on the host.
- Shared Clipboard: With the Guest Additions installed, the clipboard of the guest operating system can optionally be shared with your host operating system.
Hope you found it informative and useful. Any questions or comments are welcomed.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SysAdminsHowto/
Linux Video Tutorials: https://linux-video-tutorials.blogspot.com/
Parrot OS 3.6 Installation on VirtualBox Video: https://youtu.be/50hJpyHjN50
Installing Parrot Security OS 3.6 on VirtualBox Tutorial: https://goo.gl/1TmvT1