The transcript of this prayer
Heavenly Father, the God of eternal time,
• We thank you for hearing our heart-felt prayers and for our coming together this day to praise and to worship You in spirit and in truth (John 4:23).
• As we enter into the beginning of this New Year (2017), we praise and thank you for renewing the attitude of our minds, putting on a new self and the right spirit within us to make our relationship with You our top priority. Thank you that, as we develop a deeper personal relationship with You through our daily prayer and our study of Your Word, we will experience the joy of the newness of life! Thank you for our new beginnings as we walk daily with you in true righteousness and holiness, for your love and mercies are renewed each morning.
• Thank you for all your abundant blessings that constantly shower upon all of us as your children. Thank you for having graciously protected and cared for us in so many loving ways by your wonderful gracious deeds and, above all, for having continued to assure us of your forgiveness, love and abundant life in Jesus Christ, who was born and died for us and thereby paid our debts in full so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but has eternal life. (John 3:16).
• Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the privilege of receiving the Holy Communion today. Help us to receive your Supper in a worthily manner and in remembrance of you.
• Thank you also for giving us the strength in our weakness, the comfort in our sorrow, the hope in our doubt and the help in our distress.
• Heavenly Father, bless your faithful servant, Rev CL Yu & his family, and all of us with good health, strength, wisdom, joy and peace. May your anointing be upon him, as he compassionately preaches your living and active word of uncompromising eternal truth so as to glorify your mighty holy name.
• “May we look back and thank you, O Lord. Look forward and trust you , O Lord. Look around and serve you, O Lord. Look within and find you, O Lord!"
• In Jesus’ most mighty and precious name, we pray. Amen.