Click Here To Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVPe5PBrffMWd_HD-lsKuQg?sub_confirmation=1
The Patent system in India is governed by the Patents Act, 1970 & The Patents Rules 1972.
A patent is a grant by the India patent office that allows the patent owner to maintain a monopoly for a limited period of time on the use and development of an invention.
For more details visit - https://www.legalraasta.com/patent-registration/
This video tells,
Patent is an exclusive right granted to an inventor for a period of time , so that he can protect his invention from any misconduct or misuse by any other individual.
Who all can apply for a patent?
An Application for a Patent for an invention may be made by any of the following persons either alone or jointly with any other person:
# True and first inventor
# True and first inventor’s assignee
# Legal representative of deceased true and first inventor or his/her assignee
What all are patent-able?
1) It should be new, so that nobody else has made the same thing or even similar in the past.
2) It must involve an inventive step, which means it is not something that anyone could have had made easily.
3) It requires to be useful to do something that is must have an application in real world.
Types of patent:
There are various types of patents, out of which provisional and permanent patent are the most commonly obtained patent. They can be further explained as:
• Provisional Patent :
A provisional application is a temporary application which is filed when the invention is not finalized and is still under experimentation.
There are various advantages of the same:
o Applicant gets 12 months’ time to fully develop the invention and to know if it has any market potential.
o Helps to have “priority” right over the invention
o Also, the applicant can then use the term "patent pending” on their product
o Less expensive to prepare and file the application
o Lets the applicant to file International applications and claim priority within 12 months.
• Permanent patent :
1) Name, Address and Nationality of applicant(s)
2) Name, Address and Nationality of inventor(s)
3) Provisional Specification ( in case of provisional patent ) ,and complete specification (in case of permanent patent)
4) Description, Claims, Abstract & Drawings, if any
5) Details of all corresponding foreign applications, including application number, date of filing and current status.
Obtaining a patent certificate is slightly complex procedure.
Step 1 : Collect all the information about your invention such as:
# Area of invention
# Description of the invention that is what it does
# How does it work
# Advantages of the invention
And write it all down at a place.
Step 2 : The drawings and diagrams should be designed so as to explain the working of the invention in better way with visual illustrations.
Step 3: All inventions may not be patent able therefore , check whether yours is patent able or not .
Step 4: The next step would be finding out whether your invention meets all patentability criteria as per Indian patent act or not ?
Step 5: The patent-ability report and opinion helps you decide whether to go ahead with the patent or not
Step 6 : once you decide to go ahead with your patent , then you need to draft an application stating the specifications and claims of your patent.
Step 7: Up on filing the specification along with application for patent, the application is published after 18 months of first filing.
Step 8: The patent application is examined only after receiving request for examination.
Step 9: Majority of patent applicants will receive some type of objections based on examination report.
Step 10 : This communication between controller and patent applicant is to ensure that all objections raised in the patent application are resolved. (if not the patent will not be granted) and otherwise a patent is then granted.
How to get your patent registered through legalraasta?
You can either apply for it yourself or take help from legalraasta. To get your patent certificate from legalraasta , you need to:
• Go to our website www.legalraasta.com and select the option patent registration.
• Fill in our simple questionnaire.
• You will then receive an email from us with the next steps and documents required.
• Submit the required details and documents via email and you are done on your part , we will take care of the rest.
• We shall first file your application and then in case of any objection , we shall reply to the same.
• Once the certificate is granted – you will be intimated.
Incase you have any queries , feel free to contact us on 875-000-8585 . Also , you can track your application status with us .
I hope the video was helpful.